Tassos Spicy Chili Maritni
Like your drinks with a bit of a bite? We've got the perfect recipe for you! This Dirty Martini Recipe encorporates our Cocktail Onions with Chili Pepper to give your drink that extra kick.
- 2 oz vodka
- 1/2 oz Dry Vermouth
- 2 tsp Tassos Cocktail Onion with Chili Pepper Brine
- 3 Tassos Cocktail Onions with Chili Pepper
Place all ingredients, except for the onions in a cocktail shaker. Add ice, and stir vigorously for 20 - 30 seconds. Strain into chilled martini glass and add Tassos Cocktail Onions on a Cocktail Pick.
Spring, believe it or not, is just around the corner. And, after the winter that much of the country has had, it couldn't come any sooner! For those of you itching to get to spring underway, Tassos presents to you a Tuna / Beef / Chicken Marinade recipe that will wake your dormant grilling instincts.
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 5 tablespoons Tassos Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Pitted Kalamata Olive Brine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Smash garlic with the dill, salt, and liberal amounts of pepper. Mix in Tassos Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Pitted Kalamata Olive Brine, and sugar.
Marinate Tuna Steak(s) in a large resealable bag, refrigerated, for 1 to 3 hours, fliping the bag occasionally to ensure steaks are fully submerged.
Roasted Chicken with Olives
This method of Roasting a Chicken delivers a perfectly cooked chicken, moist on the inside and crispy on the outside along with the big bold flavor of Tassos Olives. Quick and easy this Roasted Recipe is perfect for those looking to make something unique and delicious yet simple.
- 3.5lb chicken - Parson's nose removed
- 2 sprigs fresh marjoram, leaves only
- A good handful of thyme, leaves only
- 4 Cloves of garlic
- 5 tablespoons Tassos® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lemon, sliced thinly - (remove outer skin)
- 1 Jar Tassos® Black Olives or Tassos Pitted Kalamata® Olives
- 1 cup white mushrooms
- 2 Tassos® Florinas Red and Yellow Peppers, sliced
- 4 Tassos® Sundried tomatoes, sliced into four strips each
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
Pre-heat the oven to 425° F
Season the chicken, inside and outside of the bird. In a food processor combine and process the herbs and garlic with 3 tablespoons of Tassos® Extra Virgin Olive Oil and form a paste.
Rub the paste as evenly as possible over the breasts by sliding your fingers between the skin and flesh of the chicken. Chop half of the lemon slices and combine with half of the Tassos® Black Olives or Tassos Pitted Kalamata® Olives and half the mushrooms. Stuff mixture within the cavity with this mixture.
Place the bird in a heavy casserole dish. Scatter Tassos® Sundried tomatoes, Tassos® Sundried tomatoes, onion, remaining lemon, Tassos® Black Olives or Tassos Pitted Kalamata® Olives and mushrooms and pour over the wine and the remaining Tassos® Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Roast for approximately 1 hour and forty-five minutes. Covered for the first 40 minutes, basting every 20 minutes until the bird is golden brown.
Remove vegetables from the cavity and set aside on a plate. Carve the chicken and serve hot.
Olive Salad Muffaletta
This is a sandwich that, at least ideally, should be made an hour or more in advance and wrapped in plastic wrap to ensure that the juices from Olive Salad to soak bread.
- 1 loaf round Italian bread
- 1 cup Tassos Olive Salad
- 1/4 cup Tassos Feta Cheese Spread
- 1/4 lb sliced ham
- 1/4 lb sliced mortadella
- 1/4 lb sliced Genoa salami
- 1/4 lb sliced provolone
- 1/4 lb sliced mozzarella
- Cut bread in half so that the top and bottom of the loaf are facing down.
- Spread Tassos Feta Cheese Spread and Tassos Olive Salad on one of the halves of the loaf and layer on meats and cheeses.
- Cover with the top half of the loaf.
- Slice into quarters and serve.
Tassos® Dirty Martini
There are no shortages of Martini Recipes that come to us on a relatively regular basis but one that we received from Mr. Rich Bronge last week stood out due to its simplicity and, well, deliciousness!
- 2 ounces Bombay Gin
- 'Touch' Dry Vermouth
- 'Touch' Tassos® Pimiento Stuffed Olive Brine
- 4 Tassos® Pimiento Stuffed Olives
Thank you Mr. Rich Bronge for the photo and telling us How You Tassos.
Tassos® Pasta with Sundried Tomatoes, Olives and Goat Cheese
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Tassos® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2/3 cup chopped drained Tassos® Sundried Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup an assortment of Tassos® Mediteranean Medley Olives, pitted
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 pound pasta of choice
- 3 ounces mild goat cheese, crumbled - additional for sprinkling over the pasta
In a skillet cook garlic, the onion, and salt and pepper to taste in Tassos® Extra Virgin Olive Oil over low heat, stirring, until onion is softened, add Tassos® Sundried Tomatoes and broth, and simmer the mixture until the liquid is reduced by one third. Stir in Tassos® Mediteranean Medley Olives, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste and keep the mixture warm.
Boil salted water and cook the pasta until it is al dente. Drainwell, reserving 1/3 cup of the cooking water. In a bowl whisk 3 ounces of the goat cheese with reserved cooking water until the mixturethe smooth. Add the pasta and the tomato sauce, and toss the mixture well. Sprinkle the pasta with the additional goat cheese.
Tassos® Flank Steak Sandwich
You may not want to hear it but winter is right around the corner! So, with that in mind, be sure to get out and grill while you still can. For a delicious recipe that is sure to please guests, family or simply yourself, this flank steak sandwich is an incredibly easy dish that can be prepped a day in advance. In fact, the longer your marinade it the better it tastes!
- 1 flank steak (about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds)
- Pita Bread
- 1/3 cup Tassos® Pitted Kalamata Olives
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Tassos® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Tassos® Pitted Kalamata Olive Brine
- 3 tbsp fresh oregeno
- 1/4 cup Tassos® Pitted Kalamata Olives, chopped
- 1/3 cup Red Onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons Tassos® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea salt
- 1/3 cup drained crumbled feta cheese
Puree marinade ingredients in a food processor and pour into a large zip-top plastic bag. Add Steak to the bag and marinade in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour (overnight is preferable).
Heat charcoals to hot – so as to char the outside of the steak but leave the middle pink or rate (depending on taste). While heating, mix topping ingredients: Tassos® Pitted Kalamata Olives, onion, parsley, garlic and Tassos® Olive Oil and set aside.
Remove steak from marinade, drain, and season with salt and pepper. Add to grill, and cook each side approximately 5 minutes per side (medium-rare) – approximately 6 per side (medium). Length of cooking time will be dependent on thickness of the cut. Place Pita on grill for approximately 45 seconds to 1 minute.
Let steak sit approximately 3 minutes before slicing thinly at an angle across the grain.
Open pita and fill with steak prepared topping ingredients. Dress with feta cheese and serve hot.
Tassos® Linguine Puttanesca
A spicy and tangy dish, this tuna / pasta recipe incorporates the use of our Award Winning Olive Oil and our delicious Garlic Stuffed Olives. Delectably simple and heart healthy, this dish is the perfect go-to recipe.
- Kosher salt
- 12 ounces Linguine
- 4 tablespoons Tassos® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped Tassos® Garlic Stuffed Olives
- 1 28-ounce can plum tomatoes
- 4 basil leaves, torn, plus more for garnish
- 1 5-ounce can albacore tuna packed in water
- Freshly ground pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the Linguine and cook until al dente.
Heat 2 tablespoons of Tassos® Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stir until slightly toasted- approximately 1 to 2 minutes. Add the capers and olives and sauté for approximately 3 additional minutes. Crush tomatoes into the skillet with your hands and reserve the juices in a bowl. Cook until the tomatoes begin to dry, approximately 3 minutes. Add the reserved tomato juice, basil, cook until the sauce thickens - approximately 1 to 2 minutes, salt to taste. Add drained tuna, breaking it up with a fork, slowing mixing the remaining 2 tablespoons of Tassos® Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Season with salt.
Drain the pasta. Reserving 1/2 cup cooking water, and return it to the pot. Combine sauce and reserved cooking water and toss. Pepper to taste and garnish with more basil.
Tassos® Olive Crusted Lamb
No celebratory event is complete in Greece or among Greek families and friends without lamb. This delicious and rich recipe requires some time to make but is relatively simplistic and is sure to please anyone that enjoys a good rack of lamb from time-to-time.
- 2 pounds meaty lamb neck and shoulder stew bones
- 1/4 cup Tassos® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large leek (white green portions only), chopped (approximately 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 large carrot, peeled & chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5-7 Tassos® Sundried Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/4 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 cups water
- 4 tablespoons Tassos® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 large shallots, minced (approximately 3/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs made from French bread
- 8 ounces Tassos® Pitted Kalamata Olives finely chopped (approximately 1 cup)
- 3 trimmed racks of lamb (each approximately 1 1/4 pounds)
- 4 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Season lamb and bones with salt and pepper. Heat Tassos® Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add lamb bones and sauté until brown – approximately 20 minutes. Transfer lamb bones into a large bowl. Add leek, carrot, and onion into one pot. Sauté until golden brown – approximately 10 minutes. Add tomato, red wine, garlic, bay leaves, and rosemary. Bring to boil, preserving browned remains. Add 4 cups water and lamb bones with juices. Bring to boil. Partially cover, reduce to medium-low heat and simmer until reduced and thickened, approximately two hours. Discard lamb bones. Press vegetables and liquid through sieve into large bowl. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Sauce can be made one day ahead. Refrigerate until cool, cover and keep refrigerated.
Heat 3 tablespoons Tassos® Extra Virgin Olive Oil in large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and rosemary. Sauté until soft, approximately three minutes. Add breadcrumbs and sauté until golden, approximately five minutes. Add Tassos® Pitted Kalamata Olives and stir until moist clumps form, adding additional breadcrumbs if mixture is loose. Season topping with salt and pepper. Let cool.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of Tassos® Extra Virgin Olive Oil in large heavy skillet over high heat. Add batches of lamb racks to skillet, rounded side down. Sear until brown – approximately five minutes. Transfer to large baking sheet, seared rounded side up. Spread 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard over each. Add crumb topping into mustard. Roast lamb to desired doneness, approximately 25 minutes for medium.
Rewarm sauce over low heat, stirring occasionally. Cut lamb between bones and serve with sauce.
Tassos® Greek Salad
A bowl of greens is a mainstay for any Greek, heart healthy meal. Of course, the bane to any healthy salad is the dressing but with Tassos ingredients, a healthy and delicious salad has never been easier.
• 2/3 pound tomatoes, seeded, diced (approximately 2 cups)
• 1/4 cup Tassos® Sundried Tomatoes, diced
• 2 cups diced seeded peeled cucumber (from about 1 large)
• 1 cup Tassos® Florinas Sweet Red & Yellow Peppers, diced
• 1/4 cup Tassos® Pitted Kalamata Olives, halved
• 1/4 cup diced red onion
• 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
• 3 tablespoons Tassos® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar brine from Tassos® Pitted Kalamata Olives
• 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 2 ounces)
Toss fresh tomatoes, Tassos® Sundried Tomatoes, cucumber, Tassos® Florinas Sweet Red Peppers, Tassos® Pitted Kalamata Olives, onion, parsley, Tassos® Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and red wine vinegar brine from Tassos® Pitted Kalamata Olives in medium bowl to blend. Gently mix in cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
Tassos® Garlic Stuffed Olive Bread
Tassos prides itself on providing unique products that are artisan, handcrafted quality. It is no surprise then that we work with executive chefs, gourmet restaurants and fine bakers across the country including bakers like Abby from Staff of Life Bread Company in Virginia.
Abbey, the originator and sole producer of all the breads and rolls offers a delicious assortment of breads in Virginia has been a loyal and faithful customer of Tassos.com for some time now. For several years she has featured Tassos Garlic Stuffed Olives in her delicious bread and was kind enough to provide us with Staff of Life’s recipe for their ‘Olive Bread.’
- 3.5 oz rye flour
- 13.9 oz water
- 19.5 oz flour
- .3 oz instant yeast
- 12 oz Tassos Garlic Stuffed Olives, drained, well-rinsed and coarsely chopped.
- .3 oz salt
Mix all ingredients together and knead until smooth and well-developed.. Allow to rise until nearly doubled, divide into two and shape loaves into batards. Proof until doubled, slash and bake at 475 degrees for 40 minutes.
Many thanks to Abby at Staff of Life Bread Companyfor providing this delicious recipe.
Do you have a recipe? Let us know about your recipe that just isn't the same without Tassos products?
Tassos® Jalapeno / Garlic Bloody Mary
How about a Bloody Mary with a kick? Make your next Bloody Mary with Tassos Double Stuffed Olives and brine.
- 6 – Ice Cubes
- 1 shot glass of Vodka (optional)
- Bloody Mary Mix
- Celery Salt
- Steak sauce
- Hot sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- Lemon Slice
- Ground pepper
- Celery Stalk
- Tassos® Jalapeno / Garlic Stuffed or Pimento Stuffed Olives
Wet the rim of one eight oz glass, roll the rim in Celery Salt. Add Ice Cubes and Vodka. Fill the glass about 1 inch from the top of the glass with Tomato juice. Add approx 2 Tbl of steak sauce, a splash of hot sauce & Worcestershire sauce.
Cut and wash 1 celery stalk add to the glass & stir well.
Garnish with Ground Pepper, Lemon slice, and Tassos® Jalapeno / Garlic Stuffed or Pimento Stuffed Olives to taste.
Tassos® Chicken with Tomatoes, Olives, and Feta
Note: This recipe requires the chicken to be marinated for four to six hours before preparation.
- 6 skinless boneless chicken breast halves, trimmed, pounded to 1/3-inch thickness
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons Tassos® Fine Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 8 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 30 Tassos® Pitted Kalamata Olives, slice lengthwise
- 16 grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Score chicken breasts with sharp knife and place into a large glass baking dish.
Whisk 1/2 cup Tassos® Fine Virgin Olive Oil, lemon juice, 6 teaspoons oregano, and garlic in small bowl to blend. Season with salt and pepper. Chill 3 tablespoons dressing for tomatoes. Pour remaining dressing into a sealed bag with chicken, cover and refrigerate 3 to 6 hours, turning occasionally to ensure that chicken is fully immersed.
Toss Tassos® Pitted Kalamata Olives, tomatoes, feta, remaining 2 teaspoons oregano, and reserved dressing in medium bowl. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons Tassos® Fine Virgin Olive Oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
Transfer to platter, spoon tomato mixture onto chicken, and season with salt and pepper.
Tassos® Spicy Red Snapper with Olives and Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Tassos® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 pounds red snapper fillets
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup Tassos® Pitted Kalamata Olives, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
Heat Tassos® Extra Virgin Olive Oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Season fish with salt and pepper. Add half of fish to skillet and sauté until just solid in center, approximately 2.5 minutes per side. Transfer fish to platter. Repeat with remaining fish. Add parsley and crushed red pepper to skillet and sauté 1 minute. Add tomatoes, Tassos® Pitted Kalamata Olives, and garlic. Sauté for approximately 2 minutes. Season sauce with salt and pepper and spoon over fish!